Robotic-Assisted Surgery for Total Knee Replacement
The VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution uses a variety of advanced technologies to ensure the surgeon has the information and tools they need to perform a highly accurate and precise knee replacement1. This solution is designed to:
- Aid your surgeon by accessing state-of-the-art technology to provide insights for real-time decision making
- Help your surgeon remove the damaged bone with accuracy. This robotic-assisted device does not move or operate on its own.
Use an infrared camera and optical trackers to help your surgeon gather the necessary data about your anatomy to achieve a high level of precision.
What are the benefits of using robotic-assisted technology?
There are a number of potential benefits to using this technology for your knee replacement. During your procedure, the technology will gather details and data related to your knee to help find a favourable implant fit. Additionally, robotic-assisted technology may allow your surgeon to perform a knee replacement tailored to you, while providing both precision and accuracy during your procedure.
Robotic-assisted technology may deliver:
- A greater range of motion (how well you can bend and flex your knee after surgery)
- Less pain compared to traditional methods
- Faster recovery times (reduced length of hospital stay, hospital readmissions, and health visits)